- This course has passed.
Active IQ Level 2 Award in Instructing Studio Cycling (QCF)
The Active IQ Award in Instructing Studio Cycling is at level 2 on the Qualifications and Credit Framework. It is also recognised by The Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) at level 2, but does not provide access onto the Register. Entry onto the Register is gained via a recognised level 2 fitness instructing qualification.
- A suitable Level 2 Fitness Instructing qualification
- Some experience of studio cycling is useful
- The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential; therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary
- There is also an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and learners should have basic skills in communication pitched at Level 2
Completion of two mandatory units and achievement of 4 credits.
- Instructing a Studio Cycling Session (D/503/0108) – this unit is worth 2 credit values
- Planning a Studio Cycling Session (R/503/0106) – this unit is worth 2 credit values
- Internally assessed
- Portfolio of evidence
- Practical demonstration