- This course has passed.
Certificate in Fitness Instructing QCF (Level 2) – Exeter
Become a Fitness Instructor with this Level 2 course where you will learn the fundamentals of gym instruction. This qualification is aimed at the learner who wants to pursue a career in the health and fitness industry as a fitness instructor in the context of gym-based exercise.
In this Fit2Train Level 2 Fitness Instructor Course based in Exeter, learners will cover:
- Anatomy and physiology including:
- The heart and circulatory system
- The respiratory system
- Structure and function of the skeleton
- Musculoskeletal system
- Postural and core stability
- The nervous, endocrine and energy systems and their relation to exercise
- How to maintain health, safety and welfare in a variety of fitness environments, including the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults
- How to programme safe and effective exercise for a range of clients, the health benefits of physical activity and the importance of healthy eating
- How to communicate with clients effectively, and motivate clients to adhere to an exercise programme
- The skills and knowledge required to plan and prepare a gym-based exercise programme with apparently healthy adults – both individuals and groups. This may include young people in the 14-16 age range, provided they are part of a larger adult group. Client groups also covered are older adults, ante and postnatal clients and disabled clients provided the relevant contraindications and key safety guidelines are observed
REPs CPD points: 20
To have at least a recreational background in exercise, sports and a drive to help others realise their health and fitness goals. Minimum age 16.
Over six weekend workshops combined with pre-course material, blended learning, extensive non-contact support and assessments days.