- This course has passed.
Certificate in Personal Training QCF (Level 3) – London
This certified Level 3 Personal Training Course will allow you to become a Fitness Professional. After completing the level 2 in Fitness Instructing course, you will be eligible to complete the Level 3 Personal Training course.
Based in London, the aim of this Personal Training qualification is to recognise the skills, knowledge and competence required for an individual to work unsupervised as a personal trainer. This includes being able to offer one-to-one training, baseline assessment, nutritional advice and progressive programming which is specific to the individual needs of a client.
Learners will cover
- Anatomy and physiology including:
- The heart and circulatory system
- The musculoskeletal system
- Postural and core stability
- The nervous, endocrine and energy systems and their relation to exercise and health
- How to maintain health, safety and welfare in a variety of fitness environments, including the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults
- How to programme safe and effective exercise for a range of clients, the health benefits of physical activity and the importance of healthy eating
- How to communicate with clients effectively, and motivate clients to adhere to an exercise programme
- How to apply the principles of nutrition to support client goals as part of an exercise and physical activity programme
- How to design, manage, and adapt a personal training programme with apparently healthy adults of all ages
- How to deliver exercise and physical activity as part of a programme for apparently healthy adults of all ages
REPs CPD points: 20
Over six weekend workshops, blended learning and assessment dates.