- This course has passed.
Diploma in Personal Training (Practitioner) – Level 3 – Online Course
The CIMSPA endorsed Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training Course will allow you to become a highly proficient and successful Fitness Professional. After completing the level 2 Gym Instructing course, you will be eligible to complete the Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training course.
The aim of this Personal Training qualification is to recognise the skills, knowledge and competence required to work unsupervised as a personal trainer. This includes being able to offer one-to-one training, physical measurements, nutritional advice, and programming.
- Anatomy and physiology knowledge as applicable to personal training.
- Nutrition and its application to support a client’s health and physical activity programme
- Health and wellbeing and factors that affect this
- Effective communication during client consultations to promote and encourage healthy lifestyle behaviours and long term change
- Designing and planning effective Personal Training sessions for a range of clients in different environments
- Executing effective physical activity sessions for a range of clients in different environments
- Professional practice and legal requirements for Personal Training
- Business acumen for working in both an employed role and for self-employment
- Self-evaluation and professional development
This qualification is suitable for learners holding a Level 2 qualification in Gym Instruction or equivalent who wish to progress to a career as a professional Personal Trainer on an employed or self-employed basis
This qualification is mapped directly to:
The Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA) professional standards for a Personal Trainer
Fit2Train’s online course is completed with the help of an interactive electronic learning platform (Moodle Cloud), combined with digital resources, Y-Mark access via YMCA Awards, a monthly Action Plan and regular contact with a tutor.