My name is Nicola Poole and I have been weight training for 18 years. I started out as a typical teenager who wanted to lose some weight and add some definition to my body and I have never looked back. Over the years I have trained in many different gyms, met different types of trainers and made many friends along the way. In my early years of training I competed in natural bodybuilding. Shortly after that I discovered a talent for powerlifting. My major achievements include competing for GB in World, Western European and Commonwealth Competitions.
In between all that I have been teaching Physical Education in Primary and Secondary schools for 14 years and continue to do so as well as running my personal training business. My philosophy is that personal training is more than just coaching clients to fulfil their physical health and fitness goals but as an educator as well. By empowering people with knowledge about training and nutrition they can commit to their health and fitness for life.
Academic and professional qualifications:
- BA Honours in Physical Education with QTS
- Level 3 Nutrition and Weight Management
- Level 3 Personal Training
- Level 3 Anatomy and Physiology
- Level 3 Business Planning
- Level 2 Gym Instructor
- Level 2 Anatomy and Physiology
- Functional Resistance Training
- Adapting Exercise for Older Adults
- Advanced Health and Fitness Testing
- Emergency First Aid at Work Certificate
Back to Staff