Personal drivers include a passion and commitment in contribute to the challenge of physical inactivity; which underpins health and well-being. Wesley has gained extensive knowledge and experience in the exercise and science industries and aims to support others pursuing their career aspirations. Sporting interests include: triathlons, middle and distance running and strength and conditioning.
Academic and professional qualifications:
- PhD – Currently studying, Cardiff Metropolitan University (current)
- PG Dip – Leadership and Management, University of Wales, Newport
- PG Cert – Leadership and Management, University of Glamorgan
- MSc – Sport and Exercise Sciences, University College Chichester
- PGCE, PCET, University of Newport
- BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Sciences (2:1), University College Chichester
- Diplomas in Sports Therapy and Sports Injuries, South Devon College
- Level 4+3 REPs Qualified (Back Care, Personal Trainer and Advanced Instructor)
- A1 Assessors Award – level 3
- IV Certificate in Assessment and Quality Assurance – level 4
Lecturer and Managing Director at Fit2train, Cardiff and Vale College, University of South Wales (Recognised Teacher Status).
- 2010 – 2013: Lecturer University of Wales Newport
- 2007 – 2008: Physiological consultant for Masai Barefoot Technologies
- 2004 – 2007: Lecturer in Sport and Exercise Sciences, University of Plymouth Colleges
- 2003: Clinical Biomechanist: Royal Devon and London Hospital (Scientific Supports Placement-Part of MSc thesis)
The Influence of natural turf variation on football performance and game characteristics.
The influence of surface hardness on repeated sprint ability in academy football players.
Does the Sporting Phenomenon of Home Advantage Exist in the English Premier League: A Notational Analysis (2002). British Association of Sport and Exercise Sciences Student Conference, Harrow, London (unpublished).
Back to Staff